Saturday, February 26, 2011

Wisdom Teeth are STUPID

Hello World-

(I'm your wild girl, I'm your ch-ch-ch-ch-Cherry Bomb!)  Can you tell I watched "The Runaways" recently?

Joan Jett aside, I have to share that I am one super grumpy lady lately. My back left bottom wisdom tooth has decided that it is an ideal time in my life for it to begin poking it's little toothy head through my gums and get impacted. My dentist decided to give me enough pain medication only to cover me through Saturday and my tooth removal surgery is scheduled for Wednesday. I'm grouchy and puffy. Worst of all, my boyfriend has this bizzare Munchausen by proxy thing going on and thinks I am absolutely adorable when in pain. The worse the pain, the more love and affection I get. I'll be sitting on the couch, silently weeping a little with an ice pack to my cheek and I look across the room to see him making lovely dovey eyes at me. It's slightly unnerving because I am afraid it will give him ideas like "Oh, she's be so much cuter if she was just a little sick all the time... now where is that rat poison?"

On the bright side, my passion for beading has returned, sales aside. I've been a busy lady at every chance I get, with a new obsession for all things brass and gold. I just finished a necklace that I am actually going to have difficulty selling because I want to keep it so badly.
Check it out: http://www.etsy.com/listing/68842193/persephone-pomegranate-necklace
The pain medication has caused a most unusual change in the way I bead. It's becoming like art to me, in that every necklace has a story, albeit an odd rationale to the tale.

This necklace started with my love for those awesome antiqued brass patina cone beads that just remind me of when I was obsessed with Greek Mythology (I'm 1/2 Greek) and my sister and I played "Greek Goddesses". I was always Aphodite and I told her she could be Hera because Hera was the Queen of the Gods. In actuality, I let her be Hera because Hera was a b*tch. Don't tell my sister I said so, and especially don't tell Hera.

So back to the necklace. I just fell in love with deep red lately and decided to use all of these pomegranate colors with it, which of course reminded me of the myth of Persephone and Hades. If you are unfamiliar, I'd look it up; in my current state I am libel to muck the entire story up through pure ditzyness. So here I am, beading away and making artistic choices based solely on the myth.

"Oh! So these deep red beads can represent the pomegranate seeds that she ate..I need to do them in lots of five and seven because I can't remember how many she ate... oh! and now I need the frosted glass because those seeds were more dangerous than she thought! They trapped her in Hades so the jaggedy edges represent that they are baaaad... and, umm, a heart and arrow toggle! Hades had been struck by the arrow of Cupid when he fell in love so that means that... and that awesome feather I've been meaning to use to represent how badly Persephone wanted to escape..."

Next thing you know, I have the entire story written out in necklace form. Now, it's only decipherable to me, I am sure, but there's this hope that someone else will just see the art aspect on some subconscious level because it's there! It's art!

See what pain and pain meds do to the other wise rational? I'm having fun with it though and hoping that it will show in what I create, so there's a silver lining to my chipmunk face and out of control sherbet habit.

Also, I'm getting involved again in trying to advertise in giveaways and blogs so if anyone is reading this I'm going to keep you up to date on what's being given away and where. Hopefully it will spark some interest and some sales so I can actually pay for my wisdom tooth surgery!

Alright folks, until then, "put another dime in the jukebox, baby"

That made no sense. I'm leaving it.

Yours,

the little miss milyssabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment